Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Daily Question Response

Like I said in my most recent post, I did not get any of my homework done until the Monday before we went back.

I have ended up doing my blog updates at school during my breaks. I have a habit of procrastinating on my homework until the day after its due. I seem to hand in many of my assignments late, and therefore my grades may suffer. Although I do hand in most assignments eventually, they get marked down because I did not do them when I was supposed to.

I don't understand why I can't move my homework schedule one day early, so I am not working on tonight's homework tomorrow. It seems easy enough, since the assignments are completed a day after their due, to just do them all one day ahead of when they do get done.

It would appear that an assignment becomes more important after everyone else has already turned theirs in. At the school I used to attend, if an assignment was not handed in the day it was due, you were given an 'incomplete' notice that you had to have your parents sign and attach to your homework. That system worked sort of like training wheels, if you got off course, they would not let you fall too far.

At home no one is very strict about homework, in fact my parents rarely ask me if I have done my homework. To add to that, my parents never know when I don't complete my homework on time because there are no direct signs indicating that I am. Sure my grades go down, but they most likely think that is because I am not getting the material or I don't study enough for tests. Last year I had gotten many bad grades on my math assignments, but when it came to the test, I scored a near perfect. My teacher thought it was because I had cheated off of someone else's paper, so I tried to explain that it was because I wasn't trying on my homework.

If I did try to finish my homework in a timely fashion, who knows what kind of grades I would be getting. Most of the time my assignments come back with a 4/5 or something similar because I handed it in a day late. If I would improve my efficiency during my breaks, I could probably be able to finish all my assignments on time.

Spring break could've and should've been an opportunity used to get on track. I could start over with no late work receiving priority, but instead give that priority to the homework that was not yet late. Maybe the new quarter will bring around something good.

No comments: